Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Snapshot Week 20, May 17-23: Great Blue












Snapshot, Week 20: May 17-23

As a rule, I dedicate "Snapshots" to floral activity, but after a week of the folks in for my daughters' highschool graduation, I didn't have much to show, flora-wize. What I did capture were some nice images of a Great Blue Herron, taken on the White River, where I joined my Dad-n-law for a fishing trip.
.

As for the week in general, preceding weeks of heavy rain broke into bold blue skies, cumulus clouds, and a hot day or two. We are flirting again with ever more rain, but on the whole we saw the sun that we haven't seen in weeks.
.

It looks like we are now ending that last part of Spring I call the "White Zone.' Our dominant roadside flowers are the cream colored Queen Anne's Lace and the very white Daisy Fleabane, which together with the boiling popcorn clouds and lance-leaf correopsis, make for a theme of white on white with green, and a touch of gold.

Flowers seen, to present later this week


Daisy Fleabane
Mega clovers
Horse Nettle
Moth Mullen
Self Heal

No comments: